The following links offer quick access to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations that are relevant to Medical Examiner eligibility and issuance of certification:
- Eligibility requirements for Medical Examiner certification - Provides requirements for becoming a certified Medical Examiner on the National Registry.
- Medical Examiner certification testing - Provides the criteria that testing organizations must meet.
- Issuance of the FMCSA Medical Examiner certification credential - Describes when a Medical Examiner will receive certification, and the length of certification.
- Reasons for removal from the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners - Provides reasons a Medical Examiner may be removed from the National Registry.
- Procedure for removal from the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners - Describes the methods of removal from the National Registry, and the accompanying process for each method.
For more information regarding these regulations, please contact the DOT directly at FMCTECHSUP@dot.gov (recommended) or by telephone at 617-494-3003.
For questions regarding our accredited NRCME training program or the NRCME certification process, call us at (941) 600-8411 9am-9pm EST 7/365.