The following links offer quick access to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations that are relevant to medication/drug use:
- MRB Discussion on U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Warnings on Narcotics and Benzodiazepines and Incorporation Into Medical Examiner Forms - MRB discussion notes and recommendations regarding FDA warnings on narcotics and benzodiazepines.
- MRB and MCSAC Joint Task 14-3: Schedule II Controlled Substances and CMV Drivers - Final revised MRB recommendations on Schedule II substances and commercial drivers.
- MRB Task 13-01: Schedule II Controlled Substances and Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers - Draft revisions to MRB recommendations on Schedule II controlled substances and commercial drivers.
- MRB Task 13-1 Recommendations - MRB recommendations on Schedule II substances and commercial drivers.
- Licit Schedule II Drug Use and Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Safety - Evidence report presenting findings regarding medication/drug use and commercial drivers.
For more information regarding these regulations, please contact the DOT directly at FMCTECHSUP@dot.gov (recommended) or by telephone at 617-494-3003.