- Providing false information on driver examination forms.
- Issuing a Medical Examiner’s Certificate, Form MCSA-5876 without performing a complete physical examination.
Note: An examination must be conducted each time a qualification determination is made and a Medical Examiner’s Certificate, Form MCSA-5876, is issued.
- Issuing a Medical Examiner’s Certificate, Form MCSA-5876, to a driver that is not physically qualified.
- Signing a Medical Examiner’s Certificate, Form MCSA-5876, for an examination you did not complete. This includes instances where the examination was completed by another provider or staff member. However, this does not include instances where the driver is placed in determination pending and a certified ME in the same practice conducts the follow-up appointment and signs the Medical Examiner’s Certificate, Form MCS-5876.
- Failing to comply with physical examination requirements in 49 CFR 391.43 Medical examination: certificate of physical examination. This includes not filling out the driver examination forms completely and correctly.
- Failing to enter results of examinations performed using the CMV Driver Medical Examination Results Form, MCSA-5850, through your National Registry account.
- Failing to report that no examinations were conducted during any calendar month by close of business on the last day of that month through your National Registry account.
- Falsely claiming to have completed training in the physical qualification standards, as required in 49 CFR 390.113 Reasons for removal from the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners.
Certified Medical Examiners who have suspended DOT accounts due to inactivity should contact the DOT FMCSA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that their account be reactivated.
To maintain certification in the DOT NRCME program, certified Medical Examiners are required to participate in periodic refresher training offered by the FMCSA in their DOT account no sooner than 4 years and no later than 5 years after the date of their certification by the FMCSA. The periodic refresher training is available in their National Registry account and must be completed no later than December 31, 2022.