NRCME Certified Medical Examiners seeking to be recertified on the National Registry are required to be recertified no sooner than 9 years and no later than 10 years from the date of their initial Medical Examiner certification.
Our accredited training program will prepare participants to sit for the national exam to recertify and afford them a new training Certificate of Completion. Our program consists of 14 self-paced courses and 9 quizzes, followed by a 50-question Final Test that participants can take as often as necessary to obtain their new training certificate.
Benefits to enrolling in our NRCME recertification program:
- Certified Content - Our program is updated monthly
- Same Day Certificate - Pass our Final Test for instant access to your new training certificate
- Extended Access - Receive 2 years of classroom access
- DOT Study Guide - Proprietary NRCME exam reference materials included
- Accredited Program - Earn 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or 14 NP contact hours
- Audio and Video - Watch, read, or listen to our program
- Customer Service - 9 am to 9 pm EST 7/365 telephone support
- Consultation - E-mail or speak with a certified Medical Examiner
- First Pass Guarantee - Pass the exam or we will pay your $80 exam fee
Steps to Complete 10-Year Recertification Training and Testing
- Enroll in our accredited recertification training program - use the discount code 10RECERT to obtain our program for $200
- Take and pass our 50-question Final Test
- Download and print your new training Certificate of Completion
- Upload your new training certificate into your DOT/FMCSA account
- Schedule the $80 NRCME exam at a PSI or Prometric testing facility near you (use Google Maps to locate a testing center near you.)
- Bring your new training certificate to the exam, along with your ID and a valid license to practice in your healthcare profession, if applicable.
To schedule your NRCME 10-year recertification exam, you will need to upload your new training Certificate of Completion to your DOT account. To report completion of the recertification training, log into your DOT National Registry account, access your user profile from the left side navigation menu by selecting “My Profile,” then select “Manage User Information.” Under “Training Details,” scroll down to the subsection titled “10-year Periodic Training Organization Details” and select Edit. Complete the data entry and document upload requirement (you must upload your new training Certificate of Completion) and select Save.
24 hours after you have uploaded your new training certificate, you will be eligible to schedule the $80 certification exam with either a PSI or Prometric testing company using the 10-digit National Registry certification number issued to you by the DOT. To locate testing centers near you, visit Google Maps and search for “PSI Testing” or “Prometric Testing”. Most testing centers are open six days a week.
"Enrolling in the NRCME Training Institute was a great decision! I quickly passed both the program and the certification examination."
"This DOT program is well designed, thorough, and user-friendly."
"I found the NRCME Training Institute program to be user-friendly, comprehensive, and competitively priced."
"Probably the best DOT training program on the market and at a great price."
"This NRCME medical examiner course is great value for the money and they have outstanding customer service. I am highly satisfied!"
"The program presented the essentials in a clear manner while accommodating additional details for providers who sought more in-depth knowledge."
© 2023. This CME-certified activity is held as copyrighted © by The NRCME Training Institute. Through this notice, The NRCME Training Institute grants permission of its use for educational purposes only. These materials may not be used, in whole or in part, for any commercial purposes without prior permission in writing from the copyright owner(s).